GrowNYC Food Scrap Drop-Off
Wednesdays | 8AM-1PM | Western Gravel
Madison Square Park Conservancy and environmental nonprofit GrowNYC are partnering to reduce waste in our community.
GrowNYC’s Food Scrap Drop-Off makes it easy for our neighbors to recycle their food waste, keeping it from decomposing in landfills. Composting is simple, free and great for the environment!
Here’s how you can participate:
- Collect food scraps at home in a countertop container or in your freezer
- Bring food scraps to the park in a reusable container or paper bag
- Sit back and relax as your scraps are repurposed into a nutritious compost that will help NYC’s gardens grow
- Fruits, vegetables and eggshells
- Coffee, tea and nuts
- Dried Flowers and Houseplants
- Rice, Pasta, Bread and Grains
Questions about how to get started? Visit the Food Scrap Drop-Off to ask the experts.