GrowNYC Food Scrap Drop-Off
Madison Square Park Conservancy and environmental non-profit GrowNYC partner to reduce waste in our community. Composting is easy, free and great for the environment.
Visit us every Wednesday from 8 AM – 1 PM by the reflecting pool to drop off your food scraps.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Collect food scraps at home in a countertop container or in your freezer
- Bring food scraps to the park in a reusable container or paper bag and deposit them in the GrowNYC bin
- Feel good knowing that your scraps will transform into a nutritious compost that will help NYC’s gardens grow!
- Fruits, vegetables and eggshells
- Coffee, tea and nuts
- Dried flowers and houseplants
- Rice, pasta, bread and grains