GrowNYC Food Scrap Drop-Off
Madison Square Park Conservancy and environmental non-profit GrowNYC are partnering to reduce waste in our community. Composting is simple, free and great for the environment.
Visit us every Wednesday from 8AM – 1PM on the Western Gravel to drop off your food scraps.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Collect food scraps at home in a countertop container or in your freezer
- Bring food scraps to the park in a reusable container or paper bag
- Sit back and relax as your scraps are repurposed into a nutritious compost that will help NYC’s gardens grow!
- Fruits, vegetables and eggshells
- Coffee, tea and nuts
- Dried Flowers and Houseplants
- Rice, Pasta, Bread and Grains