Park Crew Member
Park Crew Member
Madison Square Park Conservancy is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect, nurture and enhance Madison Square Park, a dynamic seven-acre public green space, creating an environment that fosters moments of inspiration. The Conservancy is committed to engaging the community through its beautiful gardens, inviting amenities, and world-class programming.
Reporting to the Associate Park Managers, the Park Crew Members are responsible for day-to-day field work and clean-up in the park. Park Crew Members will be expected to participate in other Conservancy activities as needed and to work in cooperation with all team members.
- Park Operations:
- Maintain highest standards of park and personal safety
- Ensure that the Park, Dog Run, and Worth Square are presented, maintained, operated at the highest standards of cleanliness and good repair
- Complete infrastructure maintenance and repairs, including but not limited to: painting, power washing, concrete and masonry repair, equipment repair and maintenance, water feature maintenance.
- Operate, troubleshoot, provide preventative maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Adhere to safe storage solutions
- Act as a park ambassador
- Program Operations:
- Set up and break down park programming, events, and volunteer activities
- Participate in special projects
- Monitor for, address, and report park safety hazards, vandalism, etc.
- Maintain daily park records including documentation, inventories, inspection forms, etc.
- Respond to emails, radio inquiries, and requests in a timely and appropriate fashion
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Hardworking individuals capable of doing physically strenuous work in all weather.
- Outgoing personalities who can serve as ambassadors to our patrons, work hard, and have fun doing it.
- Responsible individuals committed to doing every job well.
- Ability to work alone and in a team setting.
- Field problem solvers
- Individuals who can utilize technology including Google suite and Zoom
- 40 Hours a week
- Sunday–Thursday, 1:00pm–9:30pm, or
- Friday – Tuesday, 1:00pm–9:30pm
Overtime hours may be available. Looking for immediate hire.
Paid Employee Health plan, Dental & Vision Plan, Vacation/Sick Days, Personal day, Floating Holidays, Discretionary End of Year Bonus, 401K Plan
Please be aware that Madison Square Park Conservancy has required Covid-19 vaccination for all employees. The organization will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume with the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. No calls, please.
Madison Square Park Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws. The Conservancy prohibits discrimination against applicants for employment because of the individual’s race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or pre-employment conviction record or any other characteristic protected by law.