Associate Park Manager
Associate Park Manager
Madison Square Park Conservancy is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect, nurture and enhance Madison Square Park, a dynamic seven-acre public green space, creating an environment that fosters moments of inspiration. The Conservancy is committed to engaging the community through its beautiful gardens, inviting amenities, and world-class programming.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and Senior Operations Manager, the Associate Park Manager will work in coordination with other Associate Park Managers to lead the day-to-day operations crew responsible for the maintenance, sanitation, and field work of Madison Square Park. Associate Park Managers will be expected to participate in other Conservancy activities as needed and to work in cooperation with all team members.
- Associate Park Managers report directly to the Operations Managers & Senior Operations Managers
- Direct reports to this position: Park Crew Members
- Monitor for, address, and report park safety hazards, vandalism, etc.
- Maintain daily park records including documentation, inventories, inspection forms, etc.
- Respond to emails, radio inquiries, and requests in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Train and mentor staff on operational best practices, and Conservancy standards regarding professional development, maintenance, sanitation, machinery, inspection, reporting, etc.
- Find and suggest improvements, as necessary, to meet the Conservancy’s world class operational standards
- Clarifying communications between Park Management and Operations Park Members
- Liaise with junior staff members, acting as main field contact during shift
- Communicate with external patrons, and internal team members and constitutes as a Park Ambassador
- Park Operations:
- Maintain highest standards of park and personal safety alongside Park Crew Members
- Ensure that the Park, Dog Run, and Worth Square are presented, maintained, operated at the highest standards of cleanliness and good repair
- Completing and overseeing infrastructure maintenance and repairs, including but not limited to: painting, power washing, concrete and masonry repair, equipment repair and maintenance, water feature maintenance.
- Operate, troubleshoot, provide preventative maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Adhere to safe storage solutions
- Program Operations:
- Set up and break down park programming, events, and volunteer activities
- Participate in special projects
- Three years of Management experience or equivalent based upon experience
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects and to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of technology including Google suite and Zoom
- Comfortable reporting questions and concerns, as necessary, to Management
- Individual to serve as Madison Square Park ambassadors
- Ability to delegate tasks and inspire others to perform at their best
- Highly detail-oriented, field problem solvers who can adapt to changing priorities and new opportunities
- Ability to perform physically strenuous work in various weather conditions alone and in a team environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License
Compensation and Schedule
Salary range is $47,000 – $48,000 based on experience.
Benefits include: Paid Employee Health plan, Dental & Vision Plan, Vacation/Sick Days, Personal day, Floating Holidays, Discretionary End of Year Bonus, 401K Plan
40 Hours a week
- Tuesday–Saturday, 6:00am–2:30pm
To apply, please submit via email attachment a cover letter and resume including names and complete contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that Madison Square Park Conservancy has required Covid 19 vaccination for all employees. The organization will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Madison Square Park Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws.
The Conservancy prohibits discrimination against applicants for employment because of the individual’s race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or pre-employment conviction record or any other characteristic protected by law.