Seasonal Operations Crew Member
Seasonal Operations Crew Member
Madison Square Park Conservancy is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect, nurture and enhance Madison Square Park, a dynamic seven-acre public green space, creating an environment that fosters moments of inspiration. The Conservancy is committed to engaging the community through its beautiful gardens, inviting amenities, and world-class programming.
Reporting to the Associate Park Managers, the Operations Crew Member are responsible for day-to-day field work and clean-up in the park. Operations Crew Members will be expected to participate in other Conservancy activities as needed and to work in cooperation with all team members.
- Maintain highest standards of park and personal safety
- Ensure that the park, dog run, and Worth Square are presented, maintained, operated at the highest standards of cleanliness and good repair with oversight from Associate Park Managers
- Operate and maintain park equipment
- Set up and break down park programming and events
- Participate, setup, and breakdown in park led volunteer projects
- Complete infrastructure maintenance and repairs, including but not limited to:
- Concrete repair
- Furnishings repair
- Water feature maintenance
- Monitoring park for safety hazards
- Act as an ambassador to park patrons
- Update work documentation digitally on a daily basis
- Participate in special projects
Qualifications and Requirements
- Hardworking individuals capable of doing physically strenuous work in all weather
- Outgoing personalities who can serve as ambassadors to our patrons, work hard, and have fun doing it
- Responsible individuals committed to doing every job well
- Ability to work alone and in a team setting
- Field problem solvers
- Individuals who can utilize technology
- Thursday – Tuesday, 6:30 AM – 3 PM
- Sunday – Thursday, 1 – 9:30 PM
This is a temporary seasonal position scheduled through November 2021 with the potential for seasonal extensions and full-time permanent employment. Overtime hours may be available. Looking for immediate hire.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume with the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. No calls, please.
Please be aware that Madison Square Park Conservancy has required COVID-19 vaccination for all employees by October 1, 2021. The organization will consider accommodations for medical and religious-based reasons.
Madison Square Park Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws. The Conservancy prohibits discrimination against applicants for employment because of the individual’s race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or pre-employment conviction record or any other characteristic protected by law.