Marketing and Communications Manager
Marketing and Communications Manager
Madison Square Park, a seven-acre urban oasis, is located in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District at East 23rd Street between Madison and Fifth Avenues. Madison Square Park Conservancy raises 100% of the funds that support a program of commissioned contemporary public art, lush horticulture, Park maintenance, Park security, and other free cultural programs.
The Conservancy seeks a full-time Marketing and Communications Manager to support the department and organization in the implementation of outreach strategies across all brand pillars and needs.
- Manage MSPC’s Graphic Design Associate
- Collaborate and consult on all Conservancy graphic design needs including brochures, in-Park signage, event invites, and on-site event graphics, sponsorship decks
- Lead Digital Communications (Website, Newsletter and Social)
- Develop and execute strategies to increase audience engagement and conversions
- Lead and execute weekly newsletter, plus any recurring and dedicated emails
- Plan, write, and edit content across social media, website, and e-newsletter
- Coordinate and manage social media channels and campaigns
- Monitor social media activity and engagement
- Build and foster community across all communications channels
- Report on analytics
- Public Relations
- Support PR firm with any needs including on-site press management, scheduling, and press requests
- Draft press releases as needed
- Support all Conservancy program directors, and events and programs
- Support the Director of M&C on the strategic direction
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or in place of a degree, considerations are made with relevant field experience, certificate programs, experience with knowledge of Marketing and Communications.
- One to three years’ experience working in a marketing/communications capacity
- A dynamic, enthusiastic individual who can take both initiative and direction
- Fluency with social media, mailchimp, wordpress and current trends
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills a must
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, Hootsuite, WordPress, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey.
- A creative eye
- A team player who enjoys collaboration
- First-rate interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and thoroughness
- A willingness to learn current trends and best practices in communications that will expand the park’s presence
- Flexible weekday schedule
- Salary range is based on experience
Paid Employee Health plan, Dental & Vision Plan, Vacation/Sick Days, Personal day, Floating Holidays, Discretionary End of Year Bonus, 401K Plan
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume with the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. No calls, please.
- Cover letter
- Resume including names and complete contact information for three references
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We encourage applications from people with BIPOC identities.
Please be aware that Madison Square Park Conservancy has required COVID-19 vaccination for all employees by October 1, 2021. The organization will consider accommodations for medical and religious-based reasons.
Madison Square Park Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws. The Conservancy prohibits discrimination against applicants for employment because of the individual’s race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or pre-employment conviction record or any other characteristic protected by law.